Friday, 2 October 2009

Back to School


Started my new evening class at the University on Tuesday.  It feels different going there than it did going to the college.  Mind you, it felt like going back in time to my school days because the room had two blackboards and chalk.  None of this fancy intelligent whiteboard stuff - good old fashioned chalk dust.  I thought all that had been outlawed due to Health & Safety these days ;-).  Unfortunately, I'd bought the wrong text book for the class (thanks to the course administrator not emailing me back with the right info), but the lovely people at Blackwell's (Hallam) took the book back and helped me get the right one.  They are so nice in there.  Mind you, they sell Moleskine books and I ended up giving into temptation and buying one yesterday.  It is quite unusual and is aimed at  "advertising creatives, graphic designers and filmmakers" because the pages have a sequence of either two or four frames on them for drawing mini stories.  How cute is that.  I resisted for while, but knew that buying it was inevitable.  Still, at least I get staff discount so it did cost a bit less than ticket price.

I have managed to get some crafting done - finished two sets of ATCs and a summer themed swap, oh and 2 thank you cards to friends.  One of them was made with a stamp that I had made.

Looking at the full moon tonight, I can't believe that the last time we saw one we were on holiday.  That's only a month ago - but it seems like forever.  Ah well, being back at work will do that for you.  If I win enough on the lottery, I'm out of there like a shot with no backward glances.  Still only tomorrow to get through then it's the weekend and two days of freedom :-) 

I really must get some art journalling done.  I do keep a diary of thoughts, but that is for my eyes only, and is password protected - but I do want to get some of my feelings on a decorated page.  I've certainly got enough books, I've just got to get on with putting the words and colour on the page.  I need to get past the feeling that it has to be a work of art - and if it is a work of art, will I want to run the risk of spoiling it by writing stuff on it - specially if I'm not feeling warm and fuzzy at the time (now that would be a novelty).  Anyway, enough rambling, I'm off to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment, every one is read and appreciated.