Wednesday, 16 September 2009

Me, overspend - never ;-)

Had a great time at the GNPE show at Harrogate on Saturday and bought lots of lovely goodies.  I finally got the Tim Holtz Mini Classics stamp set that I've been wanting for ages, so am really looking forward to using that.  I saw a new u/m set of stamps that just stopped me in my tracks because the quotes were just so relevant to me.  I may have to track that set down in the near future.

Met up with lovely Janet Wilson from the internet stamping group I'm on.  We always seem to bump into each other at shows, and it's so nice to keep up to date with her.  Unfortunately I missed some other friends from the group, and I'm gutted.  However, I did see Kate, who I know from classes at Dyan's, and she came over to have a chat.  It was really nice to see her.

I couldn't believe how warm and sunny the weather was - I'd gone dressed for a cool, cloudy day!  I was able to sit outside and eat my lunch and it was gorgeous to be in the sunshine.  In fact it was so hot that I just had to have an ice-cream too (and it was one of the best I've tasted in years).

Pete came back from his wanderings about 3pm and I left the show and we went off into Harrogate.  We wanted to see the dahlias in the Valley Gardens - and they were gorgeous.  So we had a relaxed stroll into town, through the gardens and then back up the car, which we'd parked up near The Stray. 

Can't believe that I've neglected to mention in previous posts that I actually bought a stamp on holiday.  Of all the places to find rubber stamps I really didn't think I'd find one in a bookshop in Arrecife.  They had a really great selection and to be honest I was spoiled for choice.  The shop had all sorts of artists materials too, so hopefully they'll keep the stamps going and I can buy another one when we go again next year.  The stamps are manufactured by a French company and the wood mount itself is a work of art and it was a good price at €7,50 for a 2" x 3" (approx) stamp.

1 comment:

  1. Heyyyyy! It was nice to see you too :-) Are you going to Art Journaling at Dyan's this weekend? Maybe see you there :-) Kate

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment, every one is read and appreciated.