So, here I am back in the real world after 12 glorious days in my most favourite place in the world - Lanzarote - and I am FREEZING. After days of blue skies, sunshine and 100 degree F temps, the weather here is a real shock. As we were coming in to land at Manchester at 12.15am on Friday morning the captain announced that it was 10 degrees C and had been raining. This was a shock to the system as we'd left Arrecife Airport with 30 degrees C and sunshine. I could feel my tan fading in shock as we walked off the plane.
Mum and Dad (thank you so much) came to collect us from the airport in the early hours. We had hoped that it would be nice and straightforward for them, but Manchester Airport seems to have this conspiracy against people coming into arrivals (be it Terminal 1 or 2) so you get abandoned without signs and you certainly can't drive in front of the terminal like you can for departures. We ended up on the mobiles arranging to meet at the BP petrol station that we could see from arrivals. We legged it across the car park (full of puddles, not fun in open shoes) and met them there. Not what the authorities would approve of, but at 12.50 am in the cold, who wants to be pratting about.
Got back to lots of mail, most of it boring - but my new copy of Somerset Studio Art Journalling was waiting and I was really chuffed. I've been looking forward to this and I actually get a hard copy this time.
I've not done anything craft-wise for a couple of weeks now and feel really ready to get back into things. I've done a lot of journalling, but it was words only as I always keep a holiday diary. I'll be adding colour and images now that I'm back home, but it won't be as decorative as my main art journal. Still, I'll be happy with the end result - which is the main thing.
I've spent a nice time this evening catching up with Yahoo group messages and blogs that I follow - and I've now officially got a follower on my blog - Hello Neet :-) How cool is that.
I'm looking forward to going to the Harrogate stamp show next week so will be starting my shopping list during this week - mwahhaha. My plastic cards are squealing in fear already.
This Monday I will be back at work - two weeks ago I was here
Looks a wonderful place to have a holiday! Now back to the real world...
ReplyDeleteSaw your post about Followers... and then there were two, lol
So glad you enjoyed my post about posts, and that it was helpful. I do try!