After a good night and a good breakfast, I arrived at the studio for the 9am start. We covered loads of stuff during the day and I really enjoyed it. We did a few different techniques, some of which I was familiar with from the doodling class - so I could really relax and enjoy myself. We had plenty of good food and treats during the day which was really great. It was very hot during the day, so it was really nice that we were in Dyan's new studio with all the natural light and opening windows. I really enjoyed the day, but was quite tired by the end of it. I did find enough energy to go for a walk in the Valley Gardens with Pete, who had travelled up on the train and bus earlier in the day and then gone off on his own little adventure before coming back to meet me. It was lovely to be out and about in the late afternoon sunshine, and it was so warm and comfortable - just like being on holiday. We stopped off for something to eat on the way home which rounded the day off nicely.
Sunday saw an early start with us leaving home at 7.30 am to ensure I was back at the studio for the 9am start. Everyone was in good spirits, despite the heat generated by the beautiful sunshine. We had a very messy morning with paints, inks and colourwash sprays onto watercolour paper. It is impossible to keep clean doing those techniques, and the range of colours on people's hands was quite impressive. We spent most of the morning occupied with that project and then after the lunchbreak - spent outside on the fire escape in the glorious sunshine - we had more unstructured 'playtime' where we were free to use the materials and just have a really good time putting what we'd learned into practice.
I have to admit to being quite nervous before the weekend, but that all melted away on the first evening and I just really enjoyed learning new stuff and being with a really lovely group of people. It was so nice to meet people from all around the country and share a really good experience.
Huge thanks must go to everyone involved in organising and running this weekend so well - from the welcome pack of tissues and chocolate, to Jay giving up her evening off to cook the pizza on Friday, to Pam the lovely lady who prepared all the food during the days - in fact to everyone! And of course, not forgetting Dyan who educated and entertained us all weekend and was just brilliant - even overcoming a painful bad back to be her usual exuberant self.
All in all a great time was had by all - and I think I'm going to be looking out for another weekend to book on sometime soon.





Hi Liz!! Was hoping to find you at some point! Thanks for becoming a Follower on my blog, I really appreciate it. Still recovering from the weekend...washing is all done and planning on laying out all the lovely stuff I bought tonight and start planning what to do with it all!! Have to get my blog updated too at some point - have some great photos of us all! Don't think it will be today though - Socatots, Playgroup, School Run then kids are getting their photos taken at a nearby studio, dinner then the older 2 have Sooyang Do and I have my exercise class - we don't call it Crazy Tuesday for nothing!! Have a great day. xx
ReplyDeleteHi Liz
ReplyDeleteI didn't know you had a blog but cool that you have - hurray! Thank you for becoming a follower on my blog - hopefully this way I'll be able to catch up with what everyone is doing! Your pages are gorgeous and look at those gorgeous 3-d balls! Love em!