Wednesday, 21 April 2010

Daleks Conquer Sheffield Station

Started another day at work today in my usual frame of mind, then a colleague came in to say that she had seen a BBC roadshow outside Sheffield Station featuring the Daleks.  Well, Doctor Who fan that I am, there was no option - I had to go down to see them.  Fortunately I'm only 5 mins from the Station and core hours don't start until 9.30 am so I knew I'd got around 25 minutes to indulge myself.  There were three different coloured Daleks of the new (very ugly) design - but best of all the voice of the Daleks, Nick Briggs, was there.  He is such a lovely man and very approachable.  I had my photo taken with him and he kindly gave me his autograph. 



I stayed for as long as I could, then had to walk very fast up a hill (not a good thing when you're as out of condition as I am!!) to get back to work.  To be honest, the rest of the day has been quite an anticlimax - but you can't have too much excitement in one day.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Liz, thanks for your comment on my blog. Can't believe I am reading your mind LOL! Still, glad I'm not the only one with bolshy tendencies! I went to Dyan's at AFTH today for art journaling. I haven't been in ages but it was a real laugh. You'll have to come back and join us there sometime. Kate x
    P.S We like Dr Who in our house. My kids would have loved to meet those Daleks :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment, every one is read and appreciated.