Saturday, 12 June 2010

Creative Times


Had a fab day at Dyan's (AFTH) again on Thursday doing "The Art of Doodling 2".  I really enjoyed myself and it was lovely to meet up with Christine and Ann-Marie again (who I met on the Art Journaling weekend).  We all had a great laugh and Dyan was as encouraging and enthusiastic as ever.  I was quite pleased with the pages that I created, some of which are below.


Still hate having to drive up and down the M1 and A1 to get there - the traffic seems so fast and to be honest it's a bit scary to think that if just one person loses their concentration for a short time, you could end up in a really nasty accident.  Still, best not to dwell on that or I'd never drive on the motorway again. 

Went to a woodcrafts show with Pete today near Spalding (adjoining the Springfields retail park).  It was quite a small show, but it was really friendly and there was no problem getting to any of the stands or seeing the demonstrations.  I had a go at pyrography, after a bit of encouragement from Pete, but really enjoyed it and ended up going back for another go and completing two projects.  Who knows, I could get quite into it and Pete seemed quite keen to investigate getting the equipment for us at home so that he could make wooden items and I could then decorate them.  No pressure then!

I'm really pleased with the projects that I did at the show, and the lady on the stand was really complementary about what I'd done, saying that one of the designs I'd chosen was quite difficult for a beginner, but that I'd done it well - yayy :-)

1 comment:

  1. Ooh, lovely. Angie B was doing some pyrography at one point, too - wonder if she still does it? I have a gorgeous plaque she made for my room. Such lovely memories. It's great to be here.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment, every one is read and appreciated.