Saturday, 6 August 2011

Memories of a Happy Day

Well, July was a busy month.  After no weddings on either side of the family for 14 years - we had two in a month!!  My brother in law (husband's brother) got married on 1 July and my sister got married on 30 July.  She'd asked me to be a bridesmaid and to be perfectly honest the run up to the wedding wasn't the most relaxing of times - but we got through it and had a really lovely day.  We did have a few sad moments because my Dad wasn't there, but no doubt he was looking down on us.
 
After some really dodgy weather during the week, we were so lucky to get fantastic weather for the wedding which made the day even better.
  
 

My sister met her new husband through a Smart car owners group - so there was a very strong Smart car theme on the day - even the wedding cake had iced outlines of Smart cars on it.














I made a kinetic card for their wedding - but unfortunately forgot to take a picture of it before I gave it to them.  I'll have to get a picture somehow as it was actually quite good.

I've now got to catch up with my swap commitments as they got a bit shelved prior to the wedding.  I also want to fit in a bit of time for art journaling too.  I do have plenty of crafting time available, just not much creative energy these days.  Ah well.

3 comments:

  1. Ah Liz weddings are always such a great occasion and you obviously had good weather, loving the smart car theme - genius!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Liz,
    Firstly Thank You for your message on my blog especially as it brought back memories of a very enjoyable day in Harrogate.
    We too celebrated a wedding this July when our son got married the week before your sister and that too was blessed with a sunny day and a very relaxed atmosphere. Ahh.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I missed this post because I was on holiday. It looks like a great day, and you look gorgeous. Your dress is fab :-) I remember the day you found the dress when I saw you at AFTH. I'm so glad you went back for it! Great photos x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment, every one is read and appreciated.