Saturday, 3 September 2011

Aargh - back to reality

I've just got back from a fab holiday with my husband, and have to say that this real life lark is, frankly, pants.  This last couple of weeks has been like millionaires must be the whole time - spending money on whatever you want, eating out, enjoying yourself and not having to worry about routine stuff.  I could get used to a certain level of that, but I would imagine that it would get actually quite boring after a while.  Still, it would be nice to have the money to give it a try!

Our holiday was on Lanzarote as usual - just love the place (and have already booked for next year).  Although it is a very dry island, there is such a variety of different areas and the lichens are really starting to get a hold on the lava rocks which is giving a real feeling of new life taking hold.
El Golfo Beach

Famara Beach










We met up with a few familiar locals and were greeted so warmly it was like we were real old friends.  That really makes the holiday for us and adds a lovely personal element.  We had lots of lovely food, enjoyed the local wine, explored some beautiful places and just had 12 days of heaven.

Have to say that I am absolutely dreading Monday when I have to go back to work.  In my absence there has been a massive move round in the office so I'm going back to a new desk, a new team, new responsibilities on top of old ones and a brand new group of students coming in for 9am that I've got to enrol and welcome!  It's going to be a manic day and I am NOT looking forward to it.  Enough of that because it will come soon enough and I don't want to think about it right now.

Anyway, just a quick catch up and I'll hopefully get back into the swing of things properly soon - craft-wise anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment, every one is read and appreciated.