Blimey, where has June gone? I had my June calendar page ready on time, but May wasn't quite finished so I thought I'd finish it, photograph them both at the same time and then post them in the same blog post. Well, obviously things didn't go quite to plan as it's now 23 June and I'm only just getting round to it. I'll post May at some point (if I can remember what I did on 1 May, cos I didn't make a note).
 |
| Moggi image by Lili of the Valley |
I've done a bit of journaling during the month, some of which is below (the other stuff is a bit personal)
 |
| Pictures from Lolcats website (icanhascheezburger.com) |
 |
| Postcard from Robert Opie collection |
 |
| Centre image is photo taken in Arrecife, Lanzarote - thoughtful graffiti |
Last week I went to a fab day at
AFTH taught by
Kate Crane to learn about Golden paints and mediums. Kate is really knowledgeable and when she explained the science behind the art it all made much more sense. It was a nice small group and everyone was really friendly. There were plenty of supplies to go round so we could give everything a good try. I already had a couple of the Golden heavy body acrylic paints, but I found that the fluid acrylics are much more to my liking - so I ended up buying one or two ..... or 5. I love the sheen that the paints give to a page, they look really professional. Although I've told Pete that I'm not going to buy lots of the paints - I might just have to buy at least a couple more colours.
Anyway - hopefully it won't be quite as long until my next blog post - although the outbreaks of CBA syndrome do seem to be happening more often these days. I need to think of something to counteract it, as it's affecting all parts of my life.
Thanks for dropping by.
love your calendar page, very beautiful background and so lovely kitty !!
ReplyDelete