Wednesday, 2 May 2012

April Floats Away and in Drifts May

Where did that last month go?  I think the days floated away with the torrential rain that we've had.  I don't think Sheffield was identified as a drought area, and although we've had a lot of rain here it really makes you feel for the areas that are being told they have a hosepipe ban, potential for standpipes in the summer - yet are currently several feet under water!  To make light of the rain I've added a little picture of Zingy (the cute EDF energy mascot) sitting in a birdbath to my April page.  It makes me smile every time I see him (but annoyingly the theme for Hawaii Five O immediately starts playing in my head).  Ah well, a small price to pay for being cheered up by the little orange guy.

I've kept up to date with filling in my daily squares this month, and I'm so enjoying this project.  May's pages were started quite early on and it's been nice to be able to revisit them regularly and tweak them a little here and there.


Stamp image:  Gorjuss
Mind you, the weather has also brought some amazing sights, such as the vivid rainbow that appeared at the end of our road recently.  Don't you just love nature :-)





I'm hoping for a bit better weather soon as I'd really like to sit out on the new outdoor sofa that we bought from Ikea.  I've been after one for ages, but we actually bought two corner chairs which were designed to either combine into a sofa, or you bought a corner and straight piece and had a chaise-longue.  Since then it's hardly stopped raining for two minutes!  Mind you, at least the weather has stopped the neighbours from using the HUMUNGOUS trampoline that they've put into their small garden - right up against the dividing fence.  So now, instead of our lovely patio at the top of the garden being a tranquil, fairly private oasis, we face the prospect of the summer days with small faces appearing over the fence at very regular intervals.  I'm not against people having fun - its just that where they've sited it is a bit unneighbourly.  Ah well.

 

Thanks for dropping by, its appreciated.  :-)

2 comments:

  1. Ha! I write tiny and fill the days just as you do! Beautiful colors and spreads.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your April and May pages - nice colours

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment, every one is read and appreciated.