![]() |
| Bears are Bono by Paperclip Visclub, Cheshire Cat by The Octopode Factory |
My Mother in Law passed away at the end of September, so this month has been filled with arrangements, paperwork and all the associated things that have to be done when someone dies. Fortunately, my husband comes from a large family and they've all been supporting each other and sorting out various tasks between them. Even so, it's been a difficult time so most of my energies have been concentrated on being there for him and crafting has taken a break.
Just recently, I've been getting back into things, but decided to take on the mammoth task of reorganising the cupboards in my craft room. They just weren't working effectively and I was forever having to move stuff around to be able to get to anything - you all know the problem. Anyway, after a full day last Sunday and various evenings this week, I think I've got past half way. I've rediscovered some really interesting stuff whilst tidying - most importantly my 'treasure box' containing old letters from my sister whilst she was at Uni (she'll probably want me to burn those!), sentimental photos and other things. Now all I've got to do is tackle the top cupboard - which to be honest is a bit scary as there is loads of stuff from holidays (mementos, ephemera, etc, etc) and other stuff. Still, it will be worth it in the end and the room will be much tidier and more pleasant to use.
I've got to get on with my November calendar page, otherwise I'm gong to be hopelessly behind again. Hopefully my creative spark will return with the fireworks coming up next month.
Thanks for stopping by and listening.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for leaving me a comment, every one is read and appreciated.