Monday, 24 September 2012

OK, where's the Pause button for life?

I can't believe it's been so long since I last blogged.  I am so behind with posting for the calendar challenge - but my pages are made.  I had to wait until I came back from holiday to paste in all the little photo squares to show where we'd been each day - but then realised that September had crept up on me and that I'd not even started the background for that page.  I also had loads of birthdays in August and had to get all of them sorted before going on holiday - which meant I was flat out for the first two weeks but had a fantastic second two weeks in Lanzarote.  Spending time in my favourite place is just sheer bliss.

Anyway, I think I've about caught up with things (and yet more birthdays) and can at last blog the August and September pages which are just waiting for their writing.

Monsters "#4024 Line Up" stamp by Kira Nichols for Stampotique

I try to make time for my arty life, but this month has been difficult because I'm so tired when I get home.  September is an insane month at work and on top of my normal work there has been stuff coming at me from all directions that I'm not familiar with and I've really been struggling.  I have to say that I despair about the lack of basic common sense shown by a small number of students at University.  How they hope to cope with higher level study when they can't understand or follow basic instructions is beyond me.  Still, enough about that madness.

I've been lucky enough to have some lovely days out since coming back from holiday - and have been so lucky with the weather.  We had a great day out in London with lovely sunny weather and high temperatures, and were very lucky this weekend when we went to Scarborough on Saturday and it was dry and sunny all day.  Considering how dark, wet and depressing the weather was today, it seems like a miracle.  The sky was amazing all day with fantastic cloud formations - and we also saw a phenomena similar to the nacreous (or mother of pearl) clouds.  There was also an effect like a rainbow, but this was directly overhead, not curved like your typical rainbow.  Rubbish description, but beautiful to see.

Anyway, thanks for sticking with me and I hope to get back to normal with blogging now.  Roll on a bit of quiet time so that I can rest my aching brain.

2 comments:

  1. Oh your pages are beautiful, I too could do with that pause button - if you find it can you let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pages are fab. I used monster line up for September too - great minds think alike!! Glad you had brill hols - the only downside is coming home isn't it?! Had to laugh at your comment about students lacking common sense. You know what they say? Common sense isn't very common!!
    Thanks for being a part of the challenge. Hope you will still be joining the challenge for october - the link is up!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment, every one is read and appreciated.