Saturday, 9 March 2013

March is here

Wow, how did it get to March so quickly!  More scary is that it's now less then two weeks until I go on holiday and I haven't started getting organised yet.  I get really nervous when I think about it - and I don't know why because I'm going back to my favourite place.

My creative spark still seems to be on part-time hours, only turning up now and then, so although I've got plenty of time to do crafting, I don't seem to have the ideas or energy to make the most of it.

Ah well, at least the 365 Calendar Challenge is keeping me on my toes and ensures that I do get something created each month.  March is a work in progress as I'll add to it once I'm back from holiday.

I've also made a couple more pages in my art journal, one of which I'm really pleased with (and it's very rare for me to say that).
 

I've got a little notebook in which I jot down ideas for journal pages, but what I create never really lives up to what I envisaged.  I wish I could draw as well as I can imagine - I'd have some great pages then.  I guess I haven't quite got my head round the concept of there being no mistakes in art.  Even when I was just starting school one of my teachers told my parents that I seemed reluctant to start things if there was a chance I'd make a mistake or 'get it wrong'.  Hmm 30-odd years of life don't seem to have changed me much then.

Ah well - I'd better mosey off and get my Mother's Day card finished and the presents wrapped before tomorrow.

Thanks for stopping by - hope you have a good weekend.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Liz they are fabulous - loving the vibrant colours of your calendar pages and those journal pages are awesome - fit for a magazine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your March calendar looks like a place I'd like to go off to for a couple of weeks! Your struggles with your notebook art sound exactly like me! But your notebook art looks great.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment, every one is read and appreciated.