Sunday, 5 July 2009

Blue day

I'd been toying with the idea of booking onto Dyan's Art Journalling workshop today, but in the end decided not to. I was a bit gutted that I'd missed vines last Tuesday - but one day I'll get there at the right time. Anyway, I've been feeling a bit emotionally fragile just recently - the slightest thing will have me in tears, so if I had gone to the workshop today, I'd definitely have been one of the class members in tears, as reported by Dyan in her blog tonight. I have a pretty strong suspicion why I'm feeling like this, so know that it will eventually pass, I'm just going to have to wait it out and hope I don't get too over-emotional in the wrong places, or get a bit snappy with anyone.

Ended up spending the day sat out in the garden (after the really heavy rain earlier in the morning). There is so much wildlife around and loads of stuff to watch. The frogs are great and love the island that Pete made for them. The frogpile was only three today - compared with the seven the other night. Why do they want to sit on top of each other in this weather? Barmy. There have been so many birds around the garden too. Saw a baby sparrow (still a little bit fuzzy) and a couple of other birds which were another type - but as I'm not a bird watcher I have no idea what they were. Really small and cute though, but not babies. The robins were here and there like nutters bringing in food for their babies. I think they've had another brood, but this time we can hear the babies when they are being fed. It is really quite a loud noise, which must be a nightmare for the parents because they take so much care to check that the coast is clear before flying into the nest. Izzi was quite fascinated watching them fly in and out today. That was when she wasn't giving me the evil eye because I was outside and she wasn't. It is hard for them in this heat, but we just can't let them out. Still, this time next week they should be at home and able to go in and out as they please.

Must try and keep my chin up and not let the sad thoughts get the better of me. I just know that work is going to be a real trial tomorrow as I just don't want to be around people right now - but I know that being on my own isn't the best thing for me either. What a dilemma.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment, every one is read and appreciated.