Friday, 3 July 2009

Where has the time gone?

Where has the time gone since my last entry? I seem to have just been getting through the days the best I can and hoping to get some energy and inspiration at some point. The good weather has been so nice, even though I've been stuck in the office all day. Still, it's been great to be able to come home and sit out on the patio and have a drink and our evening meal in the fresh air.

Picked the first raspberries of the season the other day - and they are delicious. There are more and more coming ripe every day, so hopefully we're going to beat last year's crop. The canes seem to want to take over the world, so if we just let them grow unchecked I'm sure they'd cover the entire garden!


I knew it was going to be hot this week because we are cat-sitting again. Every time they come up to us in the summer, the weather gets hotter and we can't have the windows and doors open in case they try to escape. We have to keep them indoors because they are so far from home and do not understand the concept of traffic. They live in a quiet area with very little traffic, and we live on a main road with cars, buses and trams.

With the above in mind, I finally got round to buying a fan for the house, and it is great - really effective. Izzi was far more interested in the box that it came in though. She is a fiend for boxes and will try to get into anything remotely box-like. Tiger wasn't bothered at all. She just prefers to lie on the carpet looking cute. She did take up residence in the footwell of my craft desk the other night so I had to be very careful about where I trod.



Made a birthday card for Thea at work (in between making ATCs for a swap). As soon as I saw this stamp I just had to have it, as it reminded me of holidays and far-off places. I quite enjoyed the painting and trying to get it to look authentic, without actually knowing which country's architecture I was trying to base it on. Still, I think it came out well.
Just got to do the final touches on the ATCs then I can get them in the post (only 3 days late!). I must do better this month and get them in on time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment, every one is read and appreciated.