Thursday, 20 August 2009

Results Day!

So there I was at 7.30 am this morning logging onto the exam board website to see how I'd done in my AS Spanish. Thanks to the wonders of the baby laptop I could do this from the comfort of my bed. Well, I couldn't believe that I'd got a B. I didn't expect that. OK so as an adult learner I do put lots of pressure on myself and perhaps was a tiny bit disappointed that I didn't get an A - but I was close. They even publish a little resultometer so that you can see how you've done comparatively - and I was damn close to an A. So I'm saying that I got a B & 3/4. If my actual speaking exam had gone as well as the mock I might well have got the A after all. Still, I really struggled this year and lost so much interest in the course that a B is miraculous.

Cue lots of texting during the day to see how my classmates had got on and sharing info. I think we are all just relieved that the wait is over and we know what we've got (except for one friend who is currently up a mountain in Switzerland and won't know until she gets back).

All I've got to do now is wait and see if Sheffield University take me on for their Level 3 Spanish. I do hope so because it sounds like what I've been looking for.

Have had a mad few days trying to get all my essential crafting done before weekend. I'm just about there and should get my trading cards off in the post tomorrow - that's if I stop blogging now and get on with creating the back labels.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations Liz (just found your blog via Caths) now you can converse with the best of them in Lanzarote.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment, every one is read and appreciated.