Saturday, 7 November 2009

Yay it's the weekend :-)

I  just love the weekends - it means I don't have to be at work.  It doesn't stop the blasted thoughts intruding into my personal time, but at least I can distract myself with nice things.

Had a nice drive in the countryside today and then some lunch at the cafe at the craft centre at Sherwood Forest (Edwinstowe).  I love going there, it is such a nice place and the food is lovely.  Called at the craft shop there but nothing tempted me today.  I got some refills for my hermafix glue dispenser at a good price though.

Had a nice afternoon at home with Pete, just mooching about and reading the newspapers.  It's nice to spend time together.

One bit of exciting news is that the next Doctor Who special is on next week.  I'm really looking forward to this, but it's mixed feelings because it means its getting closer to the end of David Tennant's tenure as the Doctor.  I am so going to miss him in that role - and I really don't fancy the new guy so it's going to take me a while to warm to him.  He's got a very tough act to follow.

I've not got much done craft-wise recently, apart from some invitations for someone at work - but I am quite proud of them.  I've got to come up with some ideas for my 'H' ATCs now, so I'm racking my brains.  I can sometimes get a good idea, but then realise that I don't have the necessary stamps so have to think again.  I've really got to get started on my Christmas cards, but I'm so fed up with all the Christmas advertising on TV and in shops that I'm in denial.  I had to walk out of Boots the other day because they were playing Christmas songs.  That was just too much!   It should be illegal to play Christmas music before 1 December.  When I rule the world, that will be the law.

Had to start looking for a new hairdryer on Friday as mine is giving up.  I've had it for 20 years, but noticed that it hadn't been as powerful just recently, and after Pete opened it up we realised that it was pretty terminal due to wear & tear.  I hadn't realised that there were so many hairdryers on the market, and they have all these various things like ionic and ceramic which mean nothing to me.  My last dryer was a professional one, so I didn't think I'd get another one like it -  but Ebay came to the rescue and I've ordered a new Fransen dryer.  I just hope it is as reliable and lasts as long as this one.  I can't wait for it to arrive.

Anyway enough wittering, I'm off to watch the rest of Holmes on Homes and then go and collect Pete from the pub at 11.20.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Liz - Lovely to see you on my blog. Love reading yours - Sherwood Forest sounds good - long time since I was there.

    Stay happy.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment, every one is read and appreciated.