Sunday, 22 November 2009

Welcome for my new friends

Went to the garden centre today for a very good lunch, and came back with 2 pepper cory catfish and 2 dwarf african frogs (totally aquatic)!  They're now in their new home in our fishtank and settling in well.  It's so nice to have frogs back in the tank because they really do have their own little personalities and are so much fun to watch.  It will be good for big catfish to have some company too as he's been on his own since chubba and skinny passed away.  I'm not sure he agrees with that sentiment just yet, but once he's got used to them he'll be fine.

Pete was at the wood show yesterday at the Harrogate showground, so I took the opportunity to call in at Art From The Heart for a bit of a browse.  Well, about a hour later I'd got quite a few things in my basket so thought I'd better call it a day.  I got a fantastic set of 7 Gypsies clear stamps - the set is 'Disclamers' and I love it.  I've already used them on the front of my journal, and they are going to appear in so many more places :-).

I have done a bit of journalling, but I'm not uploading a picture because it's my dark days page - which is black writing on a black background.  The words are visible, but it's my innermost thoughts and feelings which I'm not ready to share right now.  Besides, since Thursday I've been feeling much brighter so I'm putting all that behind me.

I think I'm going to journal something in honour of the new frogs - well I've got to find inspiration somewhere.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, thanks for the comment on my blog. I hadn't seen the promo for art journaling so i was very happy when you pointed it out! To say I am happy that my journal is being published in Somerset Art Journaling is an understatement! I hear what you say in your post.....I'm not blogging my latest page now it is finished either.....too much personal stuff on there. Glad you have been feeling a bit brighter.....maybe the journaling helped. Or maybe it was the shopping trip to AFTH :-) I love those stamps but I just have them as rub-ons, I'll bet you'll find them v useful in your journal. Hope your new frogs are ok. They are unusual pets aren't they? We have a pond full in the garden and they occasionally come out for a hop around. Hope to see you at a journaling class at AFTH soon. Thanks again for the info. Kate x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment, every one is read and appreciated.