Just spent three hours watching Hamlet on BBC2 - and I'm absolutely shattered. It was really hard going and I had to concentrate very hard. I nearly gave up about 15 minutes in, but stuck with it. Well, after my first glimpse of the lovely David Tennant I was pretty much hooked. Mind you, it's not altered my view of Shakespeare - I still find his work as difficult as ever.
Anyway, the turkey got cooked, we drove it to MiL's house and had lunch - a little later than planned. Pete and I had a bit of a time pressure because we'd got two other places to visit later in the day and an hour's drive to get there. Still it all came together in the end and we managed to visit Pete's sister and spend some time with my parents and my sister and her partner, which was nice.
Glad you managed to cook the turkey! What a catastrophe.
ReplyDeleteSending Best Wishes for your Birthday (29th) and apologies as my card is going to be late because I just realised it is Bank Holiday Monday today. Hope you have a lovely day Liz and my card arrives before too long.