Thursday, 10 December 2009

Busy times...

It's a while since I last blogged, but the time seems to have flown.  I had three blissful days off work last week and spent the time having a nice lie in each morning and then spending the rest of the time working on my Christmas cards.  However, I'm paying for my pleasure now as I'm having to work extra hard to catch up with everything that didn't get done at work whilst I was off - starting with dealing with the 145+ emails that were waiting for me on Monday morning!!!

I always think I'll get my cards started early each year, but when it comes down to it, I just can't start in November, it seems too early.  I think it's a reaction to Christmas starting in some shops in August.  I couldn't believe it - Christmas cards in the shops before I'd been on my summer holidays!!

Anyway, rant over.  Now it's December I can start to feel Christmassy and also get on with my cards.  I'm in a bit of a quandary though.  What to do about cards for people I work with.  Do I send individual cards or one to the whole office?  It's not that I don't want to send cards (although it feels a bit strange because I see the people every day, and I tend to use Christmas cards as a good way of keeping in touch with people I don't see that often), I just feel it's different because I make all my cards, so it's a big time commitment to take on - whereas it takes far less time to write a bought card which is what everyone else does.  Would it seem a terrible cheat if I bought some cards for work - seeing as everyone knows I make my own cards?

I've quite enjoyed making of my cards, even though it has been a bit production line at times - but now I'm at the stage of writing them and addressing the envelopes - and that is sooo boring.  Ah well I just need to get on with it and get them in the post.

It will be nice to get back to doing some other craft projects soon - but I have managed to get a bt of journalling done.  I'll upload them as soon as I get onto the main PC where the images are stored.

I've been admiring the photos of Prague that my friend Neet has put on her blog.  They bring back so many memories of when I was there - and I really want to go back now.  The only downside would be that I'd have to organise and pay for it myself this time as the last two trips there were for work.  Maybe one day I'll get organised and book something.

Talking of booking something, I'm toying with the idea of booking onto the intermediate journalling weekend at Art From The Heart next May.  I'm just a bit nervous about what it will entail and whether I'll be able cope with the intensity.  I'll have to decide soon as they get booked up quickly - or the decision will be made for me!  Hmm what to do........

1 comment:

  1. Book it! Book it! You know you want to! I was there on Sunday. I did a little bit of journaling, a lot of chatting, and a lot of drinking coffee and eating chocolate cake! Just a normal day at AFTH. Looking forward to seeing your journal pages. And BTW, buy your Christmas cards. You would rather be art journaling wouldn't you?! :-)
    Byeeeeeeeeeeee Kate x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment, every one is read and appreciated.