Friday, 19 March 2010

The Art of Doodling

Went on a fab workshop at Dyan's at AFTH recently, called the Art of Doodling.  It was one of the most relaxing things I've done.  The journey up there was horrendous and took me well over 2 hours - so despite leaving home at 8am I was still 10 minutes late for the 10am start.  I rushed in, all of a tizz to Dyan smiling saying not to worry as they'd not started yet.  By the time I'd put some paint on my pages and got busy with the pens and pencils I'd almost forgotten the journey :-)  We were the first class to use the new teaching studio in Dyan's new abode.  It's a fab space with big windows so you can see the outside and appreciate the natural light.  They worked absolute marvels getting the studio set up ready for the class in just one day (and the lift broke down so everything had to be moved down one level of the building via the stairs)!!

Apart from the traffic I had a good drive up in our new car.  It is a real pleasure to drive and all the initial teething problems and mechanical issues are starting to fade into a distant memory.

Anyway, since the class I think my journalling has now entered a new phase - and I like the way the pages are starting to look.  I want to develop my own style, but the grounding that Dyan has given me will give me much more confidence.

Last post for a while as I'm off to Lanzarote on Sunday for my escape from the real world.  I'm trying not to build it up too much - it will be what it will be - 'que sera sera'.  The weather reports are all very good so I'm just looking forward to getting out there, hopefully feeling some sun on my skin and just escaping all my responsibilities for a few lovely days.

A journal page to finish - my first since the class, and I'm really quite proud of it :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment, every one is read and appreciated.