Monday, 12 April 2010

Catching Up

Can't believe so much time has flown since my last post.  Had a lovely time on my little break in Lanzarote - the weather was fantastic and it was just bliss to be walking on the beach in the sea.  It doesn't make your troubles disappear completely, but it lets you escape for a little while.  My apartment was nice, with a balcony and sea view :-)











I had a visit to my favourite place - Los Jameos del Agua - which was wonderful.  I even did a bit of journaling there.

By the end of the 4 1/2 days I was ready for home as I was missing Pete, but I really did enjoy my time away and it is certainly something that I'd consider doing again sometime in the future and would recommend to anyone.

Not done much craft-wise since I got back, but I have finished a couple of sets of ATCs for my monthly swap.  Again I'm late with these, but I honestly resolve to be much more on the ball from now on and will be on time every month.


I've got a couple of workshops at AFTH coming up in the next few months which I'm looking forward to - but the Journaling weekend in May is still making me feel a bit nervous.  Ah well, go with the flow and see what happens.

Spring seems to be arriving at last and in the last couple of days there has been a lot of action in our pond - the outcome being a large amount of frogspawn - so hopefully it will all do well and we'll have lots of tadpoles and then froglets again this year.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you had a good time away. Very exciting to get frogspawn! Yes, let's compare notes!! I never know what happens to mine after it hatches out - it just seems to disappear.... Ah well, some of it must survive or we wouldn't have any frogspawn! Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad your short break away from all that has happened in your life gave you some comfort.
    Lanzarote is YOUR magic place and I do sincerely hope it helped with the grieving process Liz

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment, every one is read and appreciated.