The two pages below are the initial stages of a page using the new Altered Originals inks from Dyan. The page didn't turn out how I expected, but that's the beauty of experimentation - nothing is wrong, just different. I've now finished the page, but the words are personal, so they stay just with me.
Devoured my copy of Stampington's Art Journaling magazine when it finally arrived at the end of last week. I just abandoned everything and sat and read it from cover to cover. Since then I've gone back and started to re-read everything in detail and really look closely at the illustrations - but that first sitting was great. It also inspired a journal page, so that's pretty good too :-)
I've also really enjoyed reading all the posts on the blogs that I follow. I don't always leave a comment, because sometimes I just don't know what to say - but thank you everyone for sharing your art and your thoughts. It's inspiring and also a privilege to hear what other people are thinking and experiencing in their lives. It's also reassuring to know that it's not just me that isn't having the best of times - but the optimism that shines through some of the posts is a real example and I will do well to follow it.






Who's been a sneaky girl then and not told us about her blog?????? LOVE your journal pages and I've been bitten by the bug, too but my pages are also too personal to show... So glad I've found this cos now I can keep an eye on all the fab stuff you make, he, he. Thanks for your lovely comment - I appreciate it.
ReplyDeleteCool backgrounds for your journal :-) And do I spot hand-drawn vines Dyan style?!
ReplyDeleteHi Kate - yes they are Dyan vines. I finally managed to learn the secret of them at the doodling course, so now have to practice.
ReplyDelete