Well, I and several thousand other people went to the Royal Albert Hall on Saturday night for the Doctor Who Prom. I don't think I can find the words to describe how utterly magnificent the whole thing was. The music was sublime, the orchestra and choir were perfect and I enjoyed every single second. I have to confess to a tear or two at times because some of the music is so heartbreakingly touching and transports you back to what you were seeing on the screen during the episode.
I'd managed to get a returned ticket for one of the boxes, and it turned out to be a great view and really quite close to the stage. Most of the other people in the box were there on returns too, so we all had quite a laugh and they were a nice group of people.
The time just flew in the concert - and it actually overran by 20 minutes, but I'm sure that everyone there just wanted it to carry on indefinitely.
I was on a complete high and felt exhausted when I came out - and Pete said that he wished he'd had a photo of my face because I looked so happy. I really don't think that happy even comes close.
It's just amazing how wonderful music can make you feel.
We had quite a trek to get home - walk to the Tube station, tube from South Kensington to St Pancras at approx 22:10, overground train at 22:48 from St Pancras to Luton Airport Parkway, then driving back to Sheffield at 23:50. The traffic northbound on the M1 was ridiculous for that time in the morning and when you add in phantom roadworks and actual roadworks we were held up by quite a bit. We finally got home at 02:15! Ah well.
This looks amazing! But ouch what a journey.
ReplyDeleteThanks so much for visiting and wishing me a happy birthday. Lovely.
What a lovely thing for Pete to say - I am so glad you loved it so much.
ReplyDelete