Sunday, 5 December 2010

What a Week!!

Well, that was certainly an interesting week.  I think we've had the most snow I've seen in the 14 years I've been living in Sheffield which made getting to work a challenge.  The trams ran every day - it was just getting onto them that was difficult.  Living halfway along the route meant that there was little chance of even squeezing into the sardine tin.  My boss struggled too - and she lives at the beginning of the route!  What made things even worse for me was the foot pain that I've been living with since June, which makes standing up for even short periods of time very painful.  You can therefore imagine how immensely grateful I was to the angelic lady who offered me a seat on the tram on Friday evening (even though she didn't know how much pain I was in).  There are some truly kind and lovely people around.

Had an unexpected day off on Wednesday as the University decided to close for the whole day, which meant that I could stay at home.  I didn't actually get that much done craft-wise, which was a bit of a wasted opportunity, but I really enjoyed sitting and watching the world go by in a very quiet and strangely white world outside my window.  I live on a busy main road and it was quite surreal seeing people walking down the middle of the road which is normally full of speeding cars. 
 
We managed to get to the bird table and feeders to top them up, so at least we kept our feathered visitors happy.  At times there must have been 20 or more birds flying backwards and forwards, perching in the little cherry tree and hopping about in the hedge.  We even had a visit from the robin - which was very festive. 

I've finally decided on a design for my Christmas cards, so now just have to get into production mode and get them finished in time to send them out well before Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment, every one is read and appreciated.