Saturday, 29 January 2011

Great Day

Had a great day at Art from the Heart learning how to do gorgeous journal background pages with the lovely Kate Crane http://thekathrynwheel.blogspot.com/.  Learning how to get the colours to work together was a bit challenging for me at first, but I just tried to relax and go with it.  Kate was definitely right when she said that you get to a stage when you think that your page is really rubbish, but if you perservere it will get better.  In the end I was quite pleased with what I'd done and learning about the colour mixing was really interesting and useful.







 After the workshop Pete and I went into Harrogate for a bit of walk round, which was nice but it was very cold.  Picked up a couple of notebooks in Paperchase for my holiday diaries cos I like them to match on the shelf.  Bit cross with Paperchase at the moment though as they've halved the amount of the C5 self adhesive envelopes that you get in a pack, but kept the price the same - so a 100% increase in price!!

Off to do some more playing with journal pages now with what I've learned today.

2 comments:

  1. Ooh Liz they are lovely aren't they - glad you had a great playday!

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOh your backgrounds look totally gorgeous! It was really great to see you yesterday. And a big thanks for helping me to tidy up afterwards :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment, every one is read and appreciated.