Sunday, 6 March 2011

Mini Journaling

Had a lovely day today at a mini journaling class with Kate at AFTH.  We did a cute mini colour wheel, which again showed up some surprising colour combinations.  I got 3 double pages prepared, ready for words, and really enjoyed it. 

Kate brought a few of her journals with her and they are completely stunning.  She's had quite a bit of work published now, but no pictures do them justice.  To see them in real life is brilliant as the colours are so vivid and the finish on the pages is amazing. 

I suppose the only down side to today was that some people are not very good at sharing.  At first paints were a bit hogged and some of us were left waiting for a while for a go.  Also, Kate had kindly provided some free images, but the first people to get them took rather a lot and didn't leave much of a choice for others.  Ah well.

I'm learning lots about colours and image placement and really enjoying it.  I'm also trying to learn not to compare myself too much to other people and just go with what I can do.  There's no point comparing my work to Kate's because she has so much instinctive talent and creativity - but with her help and ideas I'm hoping that I'm starting to develop my own skills.

I've not done much creating recently as I've not got much energy.  All the stress at work of being kept waiting to see whether I'll still have a job and if so what I'll be doing, has rather knocked the stuffing out of me.  We should have known by now, but the announcements have been put back a week (not a surprise to everyone I have to say).  I've managed a few journal pages but not much else.

  

Still, I've got my little holiday to look forward to in less than three weeks time.  I'm a bit nervous, but I'm sure I'll be OK.

I'm also looking forward to a day off work tomorrow, yay!  I can have a lie in, do some crafting and have a relax.  Lovely.

4 comments:

  1. You are so lucky to have been on both of Kate's workshops I tried but they were both fully booked when I rang.
    Your pages are fab and I can see the Kate technique in them. Such a pity about the other people, good thing Dyan wasn't there she would have told them I might have done too if I had been there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, you should have told me about the images .... i could have sorted it out! (Will mention to Dy about the Paints issue tho) On the plus side your journal pages look really fab :-)
    It was great to see you and thanks for your help clearing away (again!) E mail me your addy (link on my sidebar)and I'll send you some images to play with so you can finish your journal pages.
    Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your journal pages are gorgeous, I love them. Glad you had a good time with Kate, as you say pity some people hog all the good stuff, never mind you still created some wonderful art.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Liz your pages are lovely you look like you had a fabulous day!

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment, every one is read and appreciated.