Tuesday, 31 January 2012

Stampotique and Art Journaling

Had a fab day on Saturday at the Art Journaling with Stampotique class with Kate Crane at AFTH.  I was a bit apprehensive about the class - but within a few minutes I was well into it and really enjoying it.  Kate had a really interesting approach and asked us to think about the various stamped images as characters and imagine what they were thinking or what they made us think of.  We passed the pages round the room and there were some really interesting and funny comments written on the pages - some of which aren't repeatable in polite company ;-)

Anyway, the day seemed to fly by and by the end I'd got one page completed and a few other images painted ready for other pages.









Pete came and picked me up and we decided to call at Fodder (near the Showground) to have a drink.  It looked really posh there with waitress service, but we had a lovely time and it wasn't too expensive.  There was a lovely sunset on the way home which just completed the lovely feeling.  It was one of those rare days when everything went well and things just fell into place - lovely.

Since Saturday I've done another journal page using a Stampotique character - but it isn't very cheery.  I wasn't in a very good place yesterday and the page really reflects that.  My emotions seem to be on a regular roller coaster ride and yesterday was one of the major lows.  Still, the only way is up - isn't it.






I'll be uploading my calendar pages tomorrow - January completed and February ready and waiting for words.  I'm determined to keep up with the challenge during this year.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Stranger - so lovely to see you in blogland, loving your page from your Kate Crane day at AFTH - gorgeous, also loving your other page that you've done even if it does capture you when you're low, the joy of art journaling is that you don't have to be happy all the time. Sending you positive vibes and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant, Liz, tho I'm sorry you're having such a hard time at work. It's no fun when you're overworked AND unhappy - we spend a lot more time there than we do at home, when working full time! Hope it gets better. Love your page from Kate's class. I so want to go to one of her classes - maybe some day... saw your photo on her blog. Sounds an interesting way of creating, too. Might just have to try that. Have a great weekend and stay warm x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment, every one is read and appreciated.