Saturday, 4 February 2012

Calendar Challenge - January Done, February Prepared

So, here we are in February and I can blog a completed January page and a February page ready to go.

Keep Calm - Make Your Mark, York;
Cheshire Cat - Octopode Factory
Vines - Dylusions














Hug Monster - Stampotique
Alphabet - Dylusions















I'm enjoying this challenge so far - and am looking forward to being able to review these pages next year to see what I was doing.  It's such an easy way to keep a diary without too much pressure - although some days are so routine and boring that it's hard to find something to write other than "more of the same".

I'm starting to think about the colours and designs for March so that I don't leave it until the last minute - which is typically me.

Had a nice day out today with Pete.  We didn't have major plans and the weather forecast was for lots of snow - so we just went as far as the Cafe at Edwinstowe (Sherwood Forest) for a very nice lunch then I called in at the craft shop in the centre.  It's under new ownership and I can see a difference already.  I'm looking forward to seeing what the new owner will do as she seems to have definite plans to freshen the place up and stock some new lines. 

Got back home about an hour after the snow had gently started falling and then sat in the warm watching the white stuff gather.  I do hope that we don't get too much or that it stays long as we're supposed to be going to Buxton tomorrow for my Mother in Law's birthday party (she lives in Sheffield, but her party is in Buxton at my Brother in Law's [don't ask!!]) and then I'm back over there on Monday to take the car to the garage for an MOT.  Long journey for that, but when you find a garage and mechanic that you trust, it's worth travelling the distance.

Just looked out and the snow is definitely deeper - grrrr.  Ah well, we'll just have to see what happens.

7 comments:

  1. I spy Dylusions stamps, lol. Great pages and the perfect paper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love both your pages, the cool january and the warm february. Lovely colours. Dianne.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely pages and your other art journalling pages are great x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful pages, I love the colours you have used on both and the stamps are great. Thanks for commenting on my blog and in answer to your question, I do all the background on my calendar page and then I draw the squares on using a little square template I made. I started doing this last year as some of my backgrounds were more like pictures and I didn't want the stuck on squares to cover them up! Its a lot quicker to and I don't have to worry about finding matching papers for the squares!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous pages! I love the colours you've chosen for February :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your calendar pages- great details! I agree that this format is fun and no pressure!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful pages, the colours are lovely and I adore the cute images ( ps we have snow too and more on the way brrrrrrrrr) xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment, every one is read and appreciated.