Sunday, 8 April 2012

Hello April

Hmm, intermitent blogging again.  Must try harder. 

Well, I'm pleased that I've kept up with the 366 Calendar Challenge so far.  It was quite close this month as I normally prepare the coming month during the current month - but with going away at the end of March and all the prep for that, things went a little astray.

I had a lovely break in the sunshine in Lanzarote again this year - a complete and utter self-indulgence as there was only me to think about so I could do what I wanted, when I wanted, if I wanted.  Of course, it is a bit of a double edged sword though - I love the freedom and space, but I do really miss Pete whilst I'm away, but know that the time away makes me appreciate him even more (if that's possible).

Beach at El Golfo

Late Afternoon on Puerto del Carmen beach

My cake caused quite a bit of interest with the locals at Los Jameos del Agua

So, to mark my holiday some of the squares on my March calendar page are pictures of where I was on that day, which is a really nice reminder. 

The holiday also gave me another resource - which was to use one of my photos, recoloured, as the background for some of my April squares.  I took a picture of a jellyfish in the sea, but the ripples of the sea in the photo just cried out to be used as a background.  I'm really pleased with how they turned out.  I've always looked for interesting textures to photograph, but this is the first time I've been able to use anything.  It's made me even more determined to seek out interesting things to photograph in the future.

Already the calendar is proving really interesting as its shown that in Sheffield we've had snow on the 4th Feb, 4th March and 4th April - how spooky is that!  I don't want any snow on 4th May though!!

Have done some crafting during the past weeks, but I need to get more inspired and get on with making things.  I did make two Mothers Day cards with new stamps and Promarkers (which are my latest obsession).  Got to practice more with the Promarkers to get the shading and effects right, but they do give some beautiful results.


Lili of the Valley stamp


Lili of the Valley stamp

Anyway - thanks for sticking with this long post (and apologies if the pictures appear in strange places  - Blogger and I aren't getting on in this respect).


Happy crafting.

5 comments:

  1. Ooh, beautiful - lucky you!! Did you go alone? What a treat. Love your April pages - beautiful. I must admit I forget to fill my days in which is really stupid cos then I make it up and it doesn't really work, so I end up journalling across them. Must try harder! Hope you're well, Liz x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely colouful April pages. Well done you xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, your calendar pages are looking great and well done for keeping up so far (you are doing better than me LOL!). Love the idea of the jellyfish photo as a daily square! Great idea :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such great pages, love the way you have made them special even before you start to journal.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Trying to comment on May but it won't allow me to publish on your sit : GORJUSS :D Love the colours and your background and papers are divine. As for the trampoline situation ... if they get a shock when they are being nosey they may be less inclined to go on it - then parents may sell it. Not sure what the shock could be yet ... will have to think - not suggesting anything rude - maybe hire a Freddy Kruger ????? I like my privacy too and it's not a lot to ask now, is it?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment, every one is read and appreciated.