I spent a great day today at Art From The Heart in Harrogate http://www.afth.co.uk/ at an Art Journal Workshop. This is the most inspired I've felt in years and I'm learning so many new things and having new areas opened up to me all the time. I mean who would have thought that you could make something really great from newspaper, glue sticks and gesso - but I have :-)
Dyan (at Art From The Heart) has been so welcoming and enthusiastic (and she makes a great cup of tea). My first workshop was on Wednesday where we made the journals (from the newspaper, etc). By the end of it my hands were filthy and inky - but it felt great. I've never been this relaxed about creating in my life and I've loved every minute.
Normally I'm really reserved and repressed when it comes to making things at classes - but today was so different. I felt great and created three journal page backgrounds to have the text added to at sometime in the future.
Talk about being let loose in craft paradise - Dyan's studio is crammed full of fantastic things that you can use at the workshops and I just didn't know where to look or what to use first. It was all I could do not to just stand there and giggle manically because it was so exciting. Imagine having hundreds of stamps, ink pads, acrylic dabbers, card, ribbons, etc, etc all to hand to choose from - that was today. Heaven or what :-)
This has been my first experience of Dyan's workshops - and I have to say that I don't think it will be long until I'm back.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for leaving me a comment, every one is read and appreciated.