Despite spending countless hours in my craft room, I rarely seem to actually create anything - which is one of the mysteries of my life. How can I have so much stuff and not actually do anything with it?
However, I have actually managed a couple of journal pages recently which I'm quite pleased with. I tried a new technique using a piece of acetate. Well actually it's the remnants of a used laminating pouch which was being thrown out at work. Hey, I collect all manner of things which could turn out to be useful for crafting one day ;-)
Anyway, I printed some wording that I'd done on the computer in a font that I liked and then traced this onto the acetate with Sharpie marker - then went over that with a black glaze pen. I'm really chuffed with how well it turned out.
Found out today that it's going to be another month (at least) until I find out finally about my job at work. The good news is that I will have a job - the uncertainty is around what I'll be doing and where. Hopefully my 12+ years of experience in my role will mean that I'll get reappointed to it - and to be honest I don't think anyone wants my particular job anyway (and there are certainly days when I'm pretty certain I don't too). Ah well, as they say "the only constant is change".
Looking forward to the weekend when I'm doing Kate's class at AFTH and then I've got the whole of the bank holiday week off. Pete and I will be having some nice days out in mid-Wales and the Lakes and other places - weather permitting.


Ah bless your journal pages are gorgeous - loving the colours of both of them! I seem to spend time moving paper around my desk far too frequently. enjoy your class at the weekend - hope you have fun!
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear the job front is secure even if destination is still unknown!
Hugs