Wednesday, 11 May 2011

Our very own Springwatch

Spent ages on Sunday watching the baby blackbirds that were born in a tree in our garden leaving their nest.  They were so cute with such long legs (like tiny emus) - but really didn't seem to realise that they had wings.  They seemed so vulnerable, so I hope that they learn quickly and thrive.

Big news for me on Saturday was the relief of finding a dress to wear for my sister's wedding.  In March she sprung on me the request to be one of her 'bridesmates' so the search was on for a suitable dress.  Not being the most svelte of people I really thought I was going to struggle and the rapidly reducing time available to get something was even starting to haunt my dreams!!  Anyway, we found ourselves in Boroughbridge on Saturday and when I saw a shop called 'Curvy Bridal' I knew we had to call in.  It could not have been a warmer welcome and the lady in the shop was brilliant.  She tactfully steered me towards a flattering dress and picked the correct size for me straight away.  That's someone who knows their job.  So, amazingly I managed to get a lovely dress, off the peg, to buy on the day, in the perfect colour.  Sometimes things are just meant :-).

I haven't done much craft-wise recently - my mojo is still on its gap year.  Hopefully it will come back sometime soon.  I'm going to a workshop at AFTH with Kate Crane at the end of May, so hopefully that will help tempt it back home.  I have done some journal pages, but as some are quite personal I don't want to upload them.



I am keeping up with the ATC swap on the RSS yahoo group (good job seeing as I'm co-ordinating the swap) but this month was tricky - the letter U. This is my offering - I think it's OK. Went through the dictionary to get some ideas for V - much more promising :-).


Just listened to Kate on the radio on the internet and she's inspired me all over again so I'm going to sit with my journal and see if I can create something.

Thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

  1. Ah, hope your blackbirds survived. We have swallows (or swifts - can't tell them apart myself!) nesting, and after they have flown we usually get a second batch! Thanks for listening to the radio show :-) Look forward to seeing you at the end of May.
    By the way, I'm glad you went back for the dress - it looked stunning!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment, every one is read and appreciated.